Hey there and welcome to my blog! This is your chance to get to know me and what Seeking Joyful Simplicity is all about. Of course, I want to get to know you too – I enjoy reading comments and most especially email. You can email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Seeking Joyful Simplicity Newsletter for weekly updates and my Free Guides with holistic strategies for living your best life after 40.
Ultimately, I believe our health comes down to the basics – plenty of real, wholesome food, regular movement, time in nature, good sleep, and including time for deep contemplation. Not too long ago, these were a normal part of living.
Today, it’s too easy to live a distracted life. It’s easy to forget our personal priorities and fall into the habit of letting life carry us along. Unconsciously we spend too much time and energy meeting the expectations of others, moving through life on auto-pilot, or living a status quo that does not support our values.
We live with information overload and constant stress, and it takes a toll on our health. But with conscious intention, good nutrition, and healing herbs, we can live a more joyful and satisfying life.
I Believe Change is Possible
What do you value most in life? Are you trying to make a change?
Sometimes knowing what we want is not enough. Sometimes we need more than information, or inspiration.
Sometimes we need courage. Courage to look deep inside to discover what our dreams really are. Not the dreams created by our parents, our society, or our peers, but the ones that we have held close inside ourselves for so long we have almost forgotten them.
We quickly find ourselves caught up in the busyness and chaos of life, and we forget what brings us joy. Not the shallow joy of the entertainment industry, or of acquiring new things, but the deep, penetrating joy that is unique to our personal values.
Are you determined to live an intentional life? A life that is filled with mindfulness, gratitude, and simple joy?
Seeking Joyful Simplicity is about so much more than recipes and herbal remedies. It’s about creating space in your life for the things that matter most to you – abundant health, joy, and contentment.
Are you ready to get started? The following articles will give you a good idea of what to expect at Seeking Joyful Simplicity.
Want to know more? Here’s the nitty-gritty…
- I’m Michelle, mother to three amazing children, married to a funny, honest, patient, and loving man.
- The youngest of nine siblings.
- A strong introvert.
- Sometimes shy.
- I can get along with most anyone (even when I don’t want to), and I have a great sense of humor.
- I am divorced. I left my first husband. We are friends now, but it was a long, painful process for all of us. It’s a long story, but one that I am grateful for.
- I have a master’s degree in nutritional sciences from San Jose State University, California and I’m a Registered Dietitian. I have spent the last 17 years working as clinical dietitian in conventional health care. Sometimes my work is incredibly rewarding – I feel like I am making a difference. But most of the time it is not. And nothing I learned or experienced in school is nearly exciting as what I am learning and experiencing with studying herbal medicine.
- I recently discovered I love the mountains, and I love rivers. I especially love rivers in the mountains. I’m a Capricorn, so if you believe in that sort of thing, mountain rivers make sense.
- When I am not working, you can find me running the trails, barefoot in the gardens, reading, writing, cooking, crafting, and hanging out with my family.
Social Media? This Introvert likes it too – find me at:
- Facebook Seeking Joyful Simplicity – Willow Trees Farm
- Pinterest – JoyfulSimple
- Instagram – seekingjoyfulsimplicity
- Twitter – AspiringMomma
Wishing you all the best,