Welcome to Seeking Joyful Simplicity!
At Seeking Joyful Simplicity I write about practical ways to live a healthy, creative, joyful life. You will find information and inspiration on simple wholesome foods, recipes, gardening, homesteading, strategies for simple living, the magnificent benefits of bringing simple herbal remedies into your life, and simple DIY projects.
I would love to talk with you – you can email me at any time – Michelle at seekingjoyfulsimplicity.com
Please feel free to share your comments – I believe thoughtful comments add value to this blog and I try to respond to all.
Social Media? This Introvert likes it too – find me at:
Want to know more? Here’s the nitty-gritty…
- I’m Michelle, mother to three amazing children, married to a funny, honest, patient, and loving man.
- The youngest of nine siblings.
- A strong introvert.
- Sometimes shy.
- I can get along with most anyone (even when I don’t want to), and I have a great sense of humor.
- I am divorced. I left my first husband. We are friends now, but it was a long, painful process for all of us. It’s a long story, but one that I am grateful for.
- I have a master’s degree in nutritional sciences from San Jose State University, California and I’m a Registered Dietitian. I have spent the last 17 years working as clinical dietitian in conventional health care. Sometimes my work is incredibly rewarding – I feel like I am making a difference. But most of the time it is not. And nothing I learned or experienced in school is nearly exciting as what I am learning and experiencing with studying herbal medicine.
- I recently discovered I love the mountains, and I love rivers. I especially love rivers in the mountains. I’m a Capricorn, so if you believe in that sort of thing, mountain rivers make sense.
Living a Joyful Life Starts with Good Health and Self-Care
Ultimately, our health comes down to the basics – plenty of real, wholesome food, regular movement, time in nature, good sleep, and including time for deep contemplation. Not too long ago, these were a normal part of living.
Today, it’s too easy to live a distracted life. It’s easy to forget our personal priorities and fall into the habit of letting life carry us along. Unconsciously we spend too much time and energy meeting the expectations of others, seeking approval by fitting in, and living a status quo that does not support our values.
I Believe Change is Possible
Do you believe people can change? Or is it only our circumstances that change? Or perhaps our circumstances change us?
I don’t have a clear answer to these questions, but I do know that as I change what I focus on in life, my perception changes, and ultimately, my life evolves.
What do you value most in life? Are you trying to make a change?
Sometimes knowing what we want is not enough. Sometimes we need more than information, or inspiration.
Sometimes we need courage. Courage to look deep inside to discover what our dreams really are. Not the dreams created by our parents, our society, or our peers, but the ones that we have held close inside ourselves for so long we have almost forgotten them.
We quickly find ourselves caught up in the busyness and chaos of life, and we forget what brings us joy. Not the shallow joy of the entertainment industry, or of acquiring new things, but the deep, penetrating joy that is unique to our personal values.
Are you determined to live an intentional life? A life that is filled with mindfulness, gratitude, and simple joy?
Let’s Get Started! The following articles will give a you a good idea of what to expect at Seeking Joyful Simplicity. I sincerely hope you find them useful.
I wish you all the best!