I’m always a little late when it comes to popular trends. All I can say is, I wish I had discovered the creamy wonders of this dessert sooner. Sweetened with dates and honey, grain and dairy-free, this rich, velvety smooth chocolate cream pie is a delightfully healthy indulgence. Who knew a paleo chocolate cream pie could be so decadent!
Creamy, smooth, and rich. Words to describe this delicious, healthy, raw chocolate dessert. If you are looking for a grain-free, dairy-free chocolate pie, this dessert is perfect. Filled with healthy fats, nutrient-rich proteins from cashews and pecans, high in fiber, and rich in antioxidants from the cacao, you can enjoy your dessert guilt-free!
It is very rich, so I tend to go a little lighter on the cacao, but you can experiment with what works best for your tastes.
Paleo Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
1 rounded cup pecans
1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
Directions for crust:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined. The crust should slightly stick together.
- Press evenly into a glass pie plate. Set aside.
2 cups cashews, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes (I typically soak mine overnight)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
- After soaking cashews, rinse and drain well.
- Place cashews, honey, vanilla, and water in a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Add cacao powder and coconut oil. Blend until creamy. (You will have to stop periodically and scrape down the sides.)
- Once the filling is silky and creamy, pour into the pan over the crust. Place in the freezer to set for a few hours and enjoy!
Every time I share this dessert with family and friends, it’s a big hit. I think you’ll love it too.