Hello and welcome to Seeking Joyful Simplicity! My name is Michelle and I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Health and Wellness Coach, herbalist, and passionate life-long learner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology
- Master’s degree in Nutritional Sciences
- Three years of formal, in-person training in herbal medicine, as well as continuing education through online programs.
- Over twenty years experience in health and wellness including – clinical and outpatient settings, health clubs, group nutrition classes, and individualized counseling.
I’ve been working in health and wellness for over 20 years, but health and wellness is more than just my work, it’s my passion.
And let’s remember that true health is about more than just nutrition and exercise – being healthy means having strategies for coping with the stress in our lives, getting enough rest, and just as important – the relationship we have with ourselves.
I know what it feels like to be tired, stressed, overweight and fearful nothing will ever change.
And I also know change is possible – with a combination of nourishing food, joyful movement, supportive herbs, and purposeful action, we can live our best life.
Seeking Joyful Simplicity is a resource for women who want to live their best life – with vibrant good health and simple joy.
What is Simple Joy?
Simple joy is the everyday moments we forget to see and appreciate. I know from experience that even in the midst of overwhelm, chaos, grief, and sadness, simple joy is available to us.
A Whole Approach to Health
Ultimately, I believe our health comes down to the basics – plenty of real, wholesome food, regular movement, time in nature, good sleep, and including time for deep contemplation. Not too long ago, these were a normal part of living.
Today, it’s too easy to live a distracted life. It’s easy to forget our personal priorities and fall into the habit of letting life carry us along. Unconsciously we spend too much time and energy meeting the expectations of others, moving through life on auto-pilot, or living a status quo that does not support our values.
We live with information overload and constant stress, and it takes a toll on our health. But with conscious intention, good nutrition, and healing herbs, we can live a more joyful and satisfying life.
I Believe Change is Possible
What do you value most in life? Are you trying to make a change?
Sometimes knowing what we want is not enough. Sometimes we need more than information, or inspiration.
Sometimes we need courage. Courage to look deep inside to discover what our dreams really are. Not the dreams created by our society, or our peers, but the ones that we have held close inside ourselves for so long we have almost forgotten them.
We quickly find ourselves caught up in the busyness and chaos of life, and we forget what brings us joy. Not the shallow joy of the entertainment industry, or of acquiring new things, but the deep, penetrating joy that is unique to our personal values.
Are you determined to live an intentional life? A life that is filled with mindfulness, gratitude, and simple joy?
Seeking Joyful Simplicity is about so much more than recipes and herbal remedies. It’s about creating space in your life for the things that matter most to you – abundant health, joy, and contentment.
Are you ready to get started? The following articles will give you a good idea of what to expect at Seeking Joyful Simplicity.
- I’m Michelle, mother to three amazing children, married to a funny, honest, patient, and loving man.
- The youngest of nine siblings.
- A strong introvert.
- Sometimes shy.
- I can get along with most anyone (even when I don’t want to), and I have a great sense of humor.
- I am divorced. I left my first husband. We are friends now, but it was a long, painful process for all of us. It’s a long story, but one that I am grateful for.
- I recently discovered I love the mountains, and I love rivers. I especially love rivers in the mountains. I’m a Capricorn, so if you believe in that sort of thing, mountain rivers make sense.
- When I am not working, you can find me trail running, working in my garden, reading, writing, cooking, crafting, and hanging out with my family.
Social Media? This Introvert likes it too – find me at:
- Facebook Seeking Joyful Simplicity – Willow Trees Farm
- Pinterest – JoyfulSimple
- Instagram – seekingjoyfulsimplicity
Wishing you all the best,