This is where I’m supposed to share my credentials and a few glamorous photos of me. Except, there really isn’t anything glamorous about me or my life. My life is messy, complicated, sometimes hard, but also filled with many moments of great beauty, peace, and contentment. I don’t have “it all together”, but I am always learning and growing.
My passion and mission is to empower women over 40 to live with vibrant health – without dieting, spending hours in the gym, or following strict meal or supplement plans. I support a holistic approach – combining nourishing foods, joyful movement, positive mindset, supportive herbs, and self-care, so you can live your best life with joyful health.
I started this site – Seeking Joyful Simplicity – back in 2012 as a way to stay focused on the beautiful, joyful moments. Working part-time and homeschooling my two older children with an active toddler who never seemed to sleep, life was hectic and exhausting. Over the years, I have shared my journey of homeschooling, downsizing, and homesteading. Despite the changes in my lifestyle, my core focus with the blog has remained – living with intention and vibrant good health.
My definition of health is about much more than just food, exercise, and the numbers on a scale. Health is about meaningful work and activities, joyful movement, honoring the delicate need to balance doing, achieving and just being. Health is about our mindset, self-compassion, and giving ourselves grace. Health is about having healthy boundaries, learning to let go, and honoring whatever season in life we find ourselves in.
I know what it’s like to feel exhausted, overwhelmed, anxious, depressed. For the longest time I believed I was broken. But I also know that change is possible. Which is why I write – so I can help you find your way out of the muck and into a better place.
Seeking Joyful Simplicity is about so much more than recipes and herbal remedies. It’s about creating space in your life for the things that matter most to you – abundant health, joy, and contentment.
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Health and Wellness Coach, and Herbalist.
My Credentials Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of North Carolina
- Master’s degree in Nutritional Sciences from San Jose State University
- Wellcoaches Health and Wellness Coach training
- Three years of formal, in-person training in herbal medicine, as well as continuing education through online programs.
- Over twenty years of experience in health and wellness including – clinical and outpatient settings, health clubs, group nutrition classes, and individualized counseling.
I have experience in a variety of settings including working as a certified personal trainer, providing medical nutrition therapy in a clinical setting, teaching nutrition and wellness to individuals and groups, teaching diabetes classes, and online health coaching.
I’ve been working in health and wellness for over 20 years, but health and wellness is more than just my work, it’s my passion.
Want to know more? Here’s the nitty-gritty…
- I’m Michelle, mother to three amazing children, married to a funny, honest, patient, and loving man.
- The youngest of nine siblings.
- A strong introvert.
- Sometimes shy.
- I can get along with most anyone (even when I don’t want to), and I have a great sense of humor.
- I am divorced. I left my first husband. We are friends now, but it was a long, painful process for all of us. It’s a long story, but one that I am grateful for.
- I recently discovered I love the mountains, and I love rivers. I especially love rivers in the mountains. I’m a Capricorn, so if you believe in that sort of thing, mountain rivers make sense.
- I love hiking, trail running, working in my garden, getting lost in a good book, a good movie, or a good daydream.
Social Media? This Introvert likes it too – find me at:
- Facebook Seeking Joyful Simplicity – Willow Trees Farm
- Pinterest – JoyfulSimple
- Instagram – seekingjoyfulsimplicity
Have a question? I’d love to connect! You can email me directly at – email@example.com