Women of Power Balls – Herbal Health Treats
Power balls, or Zoom balls as herbalist Rosemary Gladstar calls them, are a delightful way to treat your mind and body with medicinal herbs. They are a combination of nut butter, natural sweetener, and powdered herbs.
You can vary the recipe depending on what type of nut butter you want to use, the herbal benefits you are looking for, and you can dress them up with chocolate, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
Nut butters you can use include:
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Cashew butter
- Sunflower seed butter
Sweeteners can be:
- Raw honey
- Real maple syrup
I recommend using adaptogen herbs – these herbs are deeply nourishing to the body, help us cope with stress, and are safe to take over long periods of time. You can learn about more herbs specific for women in my post – 10 Herbs for Menopause – How to Stay Sane When Your Hormones are Making You Crazy.
The content on this site may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I receive a small commission at no cost to you. SeekingJoyfulSimplicity.com is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Thank you for you for supporting Seeking Joyful Simplicity. ~ Michelle
Adaptogen herbs are perfect for helping us ignite our inner woman of power and offer the following benefits:
- Increase our energy
- Build our resistance to stress
- Support the heart
- Increase endurance and stamina
- Improve memory
- Stimulate the immune system
Recommended Powdered Adaptogen Herbs:
- Ashwaghanda (Withania somnifera)
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Eleuthero/Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus )
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
For these Power Balls, we will use:
Click HERE for a pdf recipe to print.
- ¼ cup astragalus powder
- ¼ cup eleuthero powder
- ¼ cup ashwagandha powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cocoa nibs (or organic chocolate chips)
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Over low heat, gently warm the nut butter and honey mixture. Just warm enough to make them soft and easier to mix. Once combined, remove from heat.
- In a second bowl, stir together the powdered herbs and spices.
- Slowly add the powdered ingredients into the nut butter/honey mixture until a thick paste forms.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add the cocoa nibs (adding too soon will make a gooey mess).
- Form the paste into 1-inch balls. If you like, you can roll these in cocoa or shredded coconut.
- Store the balls in an airtight container and enjoy 2-3 daily.
I encourage you to give these power balls a try. You can feel good about treating yourself with these deeply healing and nourishing herbs. For more information on my favorite four herbs for stress and the four simple remedies I enjoy for coping with overwhelming stress – 4 Herbal Remedies for Stress.
Wishing you health and joy,
If you want to learn more about using herbs and herbal recipes, the Herbal Academy offers beautiful online courses for all levels with plenty of easy recipes to get you started.
Click on the image for more information.