Carrot Soup Recipe – Carrots, Sweet Honey, and Fresh Ginger
I love growing carrots and the kids love harvesting them. Each year I spend a day shredding carrots and freezing them in 2-cup portions. Then I enjoy the convenience of easy to make carrot muffins, carrot cakes, and this simple carrot-ginger soup recipe. I was never a big fan of carrot soup – until my friend Krista served this one.
There is always room in the garden for carrots. They store well and are so versatile. Here’s my new favorite recipe…
Carrot Soup with Honey and Ginger
This is a large recipe for extra portions for freezing. You can reduce the ingredients by half if you would like a smaller batch.
7.5 cups water or broth
1 cup butter
2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
1.5 tablespoons grated ginger
Fresh ground pepper
2 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
2 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and shredded
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup quality honey
- In a large stockpot, saute butter and onions over medium heat until the onions become translucent. Add the ginger.
- Add the water or broth, bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, lemon juice, and honey.
- Cook at a low boil until the carrots are tender.
- Working in batches or with an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This soup freezes well and tastes even better as leftovers!
Her is an easy-to-print PDF recipe page for you: Carrot Soup with Honey and Ginger
Do you have a favorite carrot recipe?
Other great recipe ideas:
Lemon Balm Recipe – Lemon Balm Cookies (sweet with a touch of lemon!)