Strawberry and rhubarb recipe – what a lovely combination – red, ripe strawberries, tart rhubarb, and mint. This makes a great topping for oatmeal, yogurt, ice-cream, cake, or as part of a strawberry-rhubarb cobbler or crisp.
Strawberries and rhubarb signal the start of summer season, and using strawberry and rhubarb recipes can be a wonderful way to celebrate and create your own seasonal traditions around food.
Strawberry and Rhubarb with Mint
- 4 cups rhubarb stems sliced into 1/2 inch cuts (remove the leaves!)
- 2 – 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon spearmint chopped
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, and water in a pan. Cook down until the rhubarb starts to fall apart.
- Next, add the strawberries and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the mint and cook a few minutes longer.
Top your favorite cake, ice-cream, yogurt, granola, or turn it into a rhubarb cobbler.
Ideas for other Strawberry and Rhubarb Recipes
Strawberry Rhubarb Maple Crisp
Want to try a unique summer slaw recipe? Try combing sweet apples with crunchy fresh fennel, cider vinegar, and molasses for a unique slaw – Sweet and Crunchy Fennel Apple Slaw.
Ooh, I’ve never thought of using mint… will have to try! Thanks for the mention of rhubarb leather! Looking forward to making lots of rhubarb goodies if the snow ever melts!