Strawberry and rhubarb recipe – what a lovely combination – red, ripe strawberries, tart rhubarb, and mint. This makes a great topping for oatmeal, yogurt, ice-cream, cake, or as part of a strawberry-rhubarb cobbler or crisp.
Strawberries and rhubarb signal the start of summer season, and using strawberry and rhubarb recipes can be a wonderful way to celebrate and create your own seasonal traditions around food.
Strawberry and Rhubarb with Mint
- 4 cups rhubarb stems sliced into 1/2 inch cuts (remove the leaves!)
- 2 – 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon spearmint chopped
- Combine the rhubarb, sugar, and water in a pan. Cook down until the rhubarb starts to fall apart.
- Next, add the strawberries and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the mint and cook a few minutes longer.
Top your favorite cake, ice-cream, yogurt, granola, or turn it into a rhubarb cobbler.
Ideas for other Strawberry and Rhubarb Recipes
Want to try a unique summer slaw recipe? Try combing sweet apples with crunchy fresh fennel, cider vinegar, and molasses for a unique slaw – Sweet and Crunchy Fennel Apple Slaw.